UPDATE #3: It's been 3 weeks since I launched my Facebook and Instagram accounts for Verse & Virtue. Here's what I learned this week:
WEEK 3 SNAPSHOT
Total number of posts: 21
Instagram follows: 52
Instagram post engagements: 505
Facebook follows: 134
Facebook post engagements: 84
WHAT I LEARNED THIS WEEK
1. Hashtags! Using more hashtags has increased the number of likes on my posts on Instagram tenfold, and since it was so effective, I chose not to do any boosted posts this week and instead focused using hashtags to on get an organic reach.
2. Consistent posting works. I've been able to build up more views, likes, and follows very slowly but steadily.
3. Building a viral following seems easier to do on Instagram as hashtags are more effective on there. There are more people I don't know following the project on Instagram than on Facebook.
4. Posts grab more attention not only if they're of popular poems, but also if they have a bold design rather than a subtle design.
WHAT I'LL TRY NEXT WEEK
1. Continue with the hashtags. Maybe even try to increase the number of hashtags again and see what happens.
2. Try sharing on my personal profile each day to see if it affects my Facebook reach and page likes.
Week 4 here I come!